Thursday, March 3, 2011

The Regal Touch

I have lived in my Versova house for 3 years now and believe you me, I have never loved it as much as I do it now as it just acquired my touch. "The Regal Touch" of warm earthy Indian colors and alot of gold. Bling of Gold gives me immense ccomfort. Quite strange but I am very particular about my Golds as well. The right shade and the right bling and the right warmth of it.

I have now brought two of my inspirations together and this is how my love pad looks like. First is the love for marigold colors and second is of course, the BLING

I started with my favorite deep marigold colors on the walls about an year ago. Putting together the right accessories one-by-one here I am and i guess its enough for a little pocket house of mine.

One of my walls is in deep wine color and other three are sunset yellow. (How is love this color on my walls!). It has always been a challenge for me to pick colors of upholstery and accessories. I put together a mix of whites, to mute the brightness of my room, browns to bring warmth, wine and mauve cushions to richness and of course bronze gold for add my REGAL TOUCH. Wood in my room is a mix of dark and brown hence didn't stick of one particular shade to make it a match much. The lamp and show peices are in moss green (earthy) color to break the match much of the room.

I also added my personal touch by placing this beautiful Tressorie bag, gifted by my husband as he knows how crazy I am about Indian Royalties, on the chest as a show piece along with some flowers and an antique key box on the wall. I covered the ugly looking switch board with the bronze handmade paper with manuscript and embellished it with golden lace.

With these colors, light plays a very important role. Too bright light would burn out all the bling and too low makes it look dark. Hence i would need to add some lamps to highlight the corners.

How I feel a part of the fairytale I always wishes to live. The fairytale of belong to the Indian Royal families. Aah! And I guess that's how I am trying to keep it close to my heart. I do want to change the theme of the house soon and I know I will not like it for long it if it is a new contemporary or an arbitrary abstract decor.

I also remember what fuss I created when the shade of wine went wrong and I want standing at the store trying to mix the already bought color with deeper hues to get what I had visualized just to get my REGAL TOUCH to the house.

But there is more to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment